Moments, Raumati Summer 2023/24

I will always love the way kids can amuse themselves for hours and hours with their surroundings and a few simple items.

Read More

The Gallery, Raumati Summer 2023/24

2pm, Hot Sand by Sally-Mae Hudson, linocut print 50cm x 38cm (limited edition of forty).

Read More
Black and white image of a shirtless boy on top of a washing line that is being spun around by his sister, blurred, in motion

Moments, Kōanga Spring 2023

I have always loved this picture. To be honest, I have no idea why Anton, 9, was up on top of the washing line, or how on earth he got up there.

Read More
Photo of a painting of a couple, hung on a blue wall over a bed

On My Wall, Kōanga Spring 2023

The artist Mike Worrall lived, as my husband Pat and I did, on Waiheke Island in the seventies. Pat’s idea: we would commission a portrait.

Read More
An acrylic painting of Pohaturoa, an ancient volcanic dome.

The Gallery, Kōanga Spring 2023

I see this beautiful dome every time I drive to our gallery in Taupō. Pohaturoa is an ancient volcanic dome that holds a unique part of New Zealand’s pre-colonial past.

Read More
Picture hanging on a wall (Native Berries of New Zealand by Fanny Osborne) of a bowl of native berries

On My Wall, Takurua Winter 2023

The picture holds a fair amount of mystery.

Read More

A Dream & Hard Graft

A way of life with a love of horses at its core, encompassed by a strong belief that horses can heal.

Ask The Flock

What have you found particularly surprising or rewarding about reaching a certain age?

Read More

Ask The Flock

What did your grandmother teach you that you’ll always remember?

Read More
Two men and their dogs stand in a field

Ask The Flock

This week we approached the topic of romance with our community of readers.

Read More
A toddler and a dog walk down a country path

Ask The Flock

What’s something you’ve done in lockdown that you never ordinarily get the time to do?

Read More
Picture of a ram

Masterton Ram Fair

Taken in 1964, this Romney Ram was owned by my Pop, Noel Wyeth, a prominent Wairarapa Romney breeder.

Read More

Ngahuru Autumn 2024 Edition

Seventeenth Edition

Our beautiful Ngahuru Autumn 2024 Edition is out now!

Do you have a story to tell?

We'd love to hear it.